I was inspired to write this book in the way I have done by a couple of great online books.
- Resilient Web Design by Jeremy Keith, which I love as an ageing techie, but also for its explemary and thoughtful presentation.
- Meaningness by David Chapman, from which I've taken much inspration not just in terms of its ideas, but also its incredibly clever design - little touches like the implementation of comments and highlighting of unfinished content.
- Some Statements of Intent
- Who is Hermam Melville?
- Why Does Moby Dick Matter?
- An Overview of What Follows
- Some Maps and Guidebooks
- A Half-Hearted Attempt to Explain Moby Dick
- Developmental theories
- Disconfirmations of Existing Theories
- Acknowledgements << You are here